Nachos are simply the best dish for sharing with friends, Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (i.e., canola, vegetable)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- Oaxaca Pablo
- Monterey Jack Jalapeno
- Taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Your favourite nacho toppings – or some of our favourites are:
- Red Onions
- Bell Pepper
- Green Onions
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour cream
Prepared by Alyssa Madaire,
Springbank Cheese’s Culinary Specialist,
Buy your Oaxaca Pablo and your Monterey Jack here!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Mix all ingredients for the taco seasoning thoroughly in a small bowl
- In a medium skillet, heat the neutral oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook until browned but not cooked through—approximately 6-8 minutes
- Add the chicken stock, one teaspoon of salt and the taco seasoning into the skillet and mix thoroughly
- Cook until the liquid reduces, the meat has cooked through, and the mixture becomes saucy- about 10-12 minutes.
- While the meat cooks, dice your toppings and shred your cheeses
- Once everything is ready, assemble your nachos by placing a layer of chips on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then, add a layer of ground beef, your toppings, and the shredded cheese- repeating until no toppings or chips remain.
- Bake the nachos until the cheese has melted and the nachos are hot- approximately 12 minutes. Serve immediately
Pro Tip: Place tender toppings (like shredded lettuce, avocado, cilantro, or green onions) on top after the nachos come out of the oven!